Dropmysite – How to add MySQL database that is hosted elsewhere
Please follow this guide if you have a MySQL database that is not hosted with OzHosting and you wish to add a MySQL database to the Dropmysite backup schedule.
1) Obtain database information
- Log into your Web / Cloud Providers Control Panel
- Locate the option to Manage Databases
- Select your Database
- Record following details – Database name, Database username, Password, Hostname, Port
2) Dropmysite – Add Database
- Click on the Dropmysite tab
- Click on “Add Database”
- Select “MySQL” as Database Type
- Enter the details recorded in Step 1 in the required fields
- Click on Add Database
Note: If no Port is specified please use default 3306.