We use our Cloud
We live by our philosophy – Eat your own dog food. If we want you to buy our Cloud, we should be using our Cloud internally as well. We use it and we love it.
OzHosting.com are pioneers of Australia’s Cloud hosting market. We’ve been helping Australian businesses transition to the Cloud since 1997 and continue to offer faster, better services to our customers.
The basic premise behind “eating your own dog food” is that if we expect our customers to use our products or services, we should expect no less from our own employees. We believe our products are best-of-breed, so we use the Cloud exclusively and have built our business on it.
Key Benefits of our our Philosophy
- We experience what our Customers experience
- Remote Access – We are always Online to service you
- Improved Response Times
- Real Experience using our own Cloud Hosting products
Key Reasons we use the Cloud at OzHosting.com
- Flexibility – The second a company needs more bandwidth than usual, a Cloud-based service can instantly meet the demand because of the vast capacity of the service’s remote servers
- Disaster Recovery – When companies start relying on Cloud-based services, they no longer need complex disaster recovery plans. Cloud computing providers take care of most issues, and they do it faster
- Automatic Software Updates – In 2010, companies in the UK spent 18 working days per month managing on-site security alone
- Capex Free – Cloud computing services are typically pay as you go, so there’s no need for capital expenditure at all
- Increased Collaboration – Cloud computing increases collaboration by allowing all employees – wherever they are – to sync up and work on documents and shared apps simultaneously, and follow colleagues and records to receive critical updates in real time
- Work from Anywhere – As long as employees have internet access, they can work from anywhere. This flexibility positively affects knowledge workers’ work-life balance and productivity
- Security – Some 800,000 laptops are lost each year in airports alone. This can have some serious monetary implications, but when everything is stored in the Cloud, data can still be accessed no matter what happens to a machine
- Environmentally Friendly – Businesses using Cloud computing only use the server space they need, which decreases their carbon footprint. Using the Cloud results in at least 30% less energy consumption and carbon emissions than using on-site servers